Milk itself has been used as a powerful skin cleanser and beauty enhancer since ancient times – Cleopatra was known for her infamous milk baths that kept her looking youthful and captivatingly beautiful. Today, not all of us have the time or luxury to fill up an entire bathtub with milk and have a deep relaxing soak.
Well, the thing about milk powder is that it all its water content is completely evaporated and only the solid material is left behind. This means that milk powder is more potent, powerful and effective than liquid milk. Milk powder will have a higher concentration of vitamins and minerals than liquid milk since it is in a concentrated solid form.
Here are the nutrients in milk powder that make it effective as a homemade skin remedy:
Lactic Acid – Smooths, tones, tightens & lightens skin
Vitamin A – Essential for healthy cell division, heals dull skin
Vitamin C – Highly antiaging, promotes youthful, radiant skin
Vitamin B6 – Necessary for new skin cell formation. Keeps skin moisturized and healthy.
Calcium – Boosts collagen production, maintains skin elasticity
Potassium – Hydrates and moisturizes. Heals dry itchy skin
Magnesium – Promotes youthful radiant skin, anti-aging effects
10 Benefits of Milk Powder Face Pack & Face Mask:
- It acts as a cleanser
- It gives your skin a youthful glow
- It contains high concentrations of vitamins and minerals
- The lactic acid in it lightens and smoothens skin
- It helps heal dull skin
- It gives the new skin formation a boost
- It helps boost collagen
- It hydrates your skin
- It has the property to heal itchy skin
- A milk powder face pack eradicates blackheads as well as whiteheads
Try Mother Gaia’s Mineral Milk Bath for face packs, milk baths, and exfoliating scrubs. Powdered milk and buttermilk, baking soda, Epsom salt, and powdered oatmeal come together for a wonderfully healing, toning, and soothing blend perfect for any skin type. Use in the bath or the shower with amazing results. Get yours here.
Some Ways to Use Powdered Milk for Healthy, Glowing Skin
For Lighter Skin
- All you need is 2 tsp. of freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 tsp. of oatmeal powder and 1 tsp. of milk powder
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl to form a paste
- Wash your face with a moisturizing face wash and apply this paste to your face
- Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water
To Treat Hyperpigmentation
- For this mask, you’ll need 2 tsp. of milk powder, 2 tsp. of yogurt and half a lemon’s juice
- After mixing these ingredients, you’ll get a thick paste
- Soak a towel in warm water and steam your face with it, this will help open your pores
- Now apply the paste to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes until it dries
- Repeat this treatment every 2nd day and your skin tone will magically even out
- This nutritious mask will require 1 tsp. of turmeric, 2 tsp. of milk powder and 1 tbsp. of honey
- After mixing these ingredients together, apply it to your face evenly
- Let the mask dry out and wash it off with lukewarm water
- You need to repeat this milk powder face pack for dry skin twice a week, to get rid of that pesky acne as well as its blemishes
To Treat Oily Skin
- This milk powder face pack for oily skin only requires two ingredients – 1 tbsp. of fuller’s earth or multani mitti, and 1 tbsp. of milk powder
- Mix both these ingredients in some water or rose water if you wish to get a smooth paste
- Smear on your face evenly and let it dry thoroughly
- Wash it off with lukewarm water to reveal fresher skin instantly
Make an exfoliating scrub. To get rid of that top layer of skin and expose a brand new you, use milk to exfoliate. Take 1 cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and apply it to your skin, gently rubbing it in. The oats provide the grittiness while the milk provides the nourishment.
- Allow it time to dry. Then rinse it off with warm water, scrubbing gently. If you’d like to make this in advance, make it with powdered milk and store in your refrigerator.
- Or you can soak 1/2 cup of almonds in milk overnight. Then in the morning, grind ‘er up into a paste and apply to your skin, following the same drying and washing routine.
Use it as a toner. If you’re not crazy on the idea of soaking your face in a layer of milk overnight, just use it as a toner. Apply milk to your face with a saturated cotton ball, leave it on for at least 15 minutes, and rinse well. With repeated use, it can bring out your skin’s natural glow.
Use it to shrink your pores. It isn’t just milk that can do your skin good — it’s all those dairy products, too. If you’re looking to shrink your pores, get sour — with sour cream or buttermilk. All you need do is apply a thin layer to your skin and let it soak in for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and rinse it well.
Milk Powder Face Pack
- Milk Powder (2 small pouches or 2-3 table spoons)
- Rose Water
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour very little of rose water and make a smooth paste. The consistency would be very watery and thin. Apply a thick layer on the face and leave it on til it dries. After 15-20 minutes, the mask starts to harden gradually (it takes a little time) into a white layer on the face. After the complete mask hardens, remove the mask by taking a little water and gently scrubbing it off. Wash off and moisturize. The result is a supple and brighter skin which feels extremely soft. The mask is so gentle that it can be applied daily. You can use any liquid in place of rose water.
Skin Lightening Face Pack
- 1 tsp of Powdered Milk
- 1 – 2 tsp Orange Juice
- 1 tsp of Colloidal Oatmeal
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients, milk powder and gram flour evenly. Then squeeze in about 1 – 2 tsp of orange juice. Please make sure you use fresh orange juice and not store-bought synthetic orange juice. Now mix everything together and make a thick paste. Add more orange juice if necessary. Using clean fingers, apply this paste onto your already cleaned face and allow it to work its magic for 10 – 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Milk Powder Face Mask for Acne & Acne Scars
- 1 tsp of Powdered Milk
- ¼ tsp of Turmeric
- 1 tsp of Organic Liquid Honey
In a small bowl, measure out and put in your milk powder, turmeric and honey and mix it thoroughly with a spoon. If you have fair skin, you may want to use a little less turmeric. Now apply this thick paste onto your clean face with the back of the spoon itself. Allow the mask to settle for 10 – 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water and pat dry with face tissues.